Tinsel Tree quilt-along

 Another one? I know, I know... I spend months without joining anything and suddenly I am tempted by everything. So yes I joined another quilt-along. This time it is the Tinsel Tree Quilt Along with Everyday Stitches. It started 2 weeks ago and I have completed both, almost in time! The first week was all about fabric selection, so I got ALL my Christmas fabric out with a view of using my stash only. 

Last week was all about cutting the triangles, all 170 of them! That's when I ran my running play list to keep going... I picked quite a lot of fabric that I have had in my stash for a very long time (15+ years) and that I bought in Birmingham when we lived there to make Christmas cards (never happened and I didn't need meters of material for those!). It feels so good to finally lighten my stash.




This week, we are assembling the triangles of the 3 bottom sections. Well I am pleased to say that I took a sewing today and completed them all.


Celine

Comments

  1. Looking good! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your Tinsel Tree looks like so much FUN! I have so many Christmas prints stashed away, too. I wish I could join in with this one but I have so many projects going right now that I am going to have to enjoy this one vicariously through your pictures and store it away in the back of my mind for another day. Interesting assembly method for the triangles; I would have thought the pattern designer would have you put this together in rows instead of larger triangle sections?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! And it uses up your Christmas stash too--wonderful! It's looking so wonderful, can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!