Persephone purse

And it's finished!

And I love it 😍 The outside fabric is fabulous tweed that I bought from Fabworks.

I joined this sew along on FB in my last free week before I started my new job to make the Persephone purse by Christine Davies. The sew along was just for a week or less with a few steps everyday. I started it towards the end of that week and make the exterior panel as well as the interior faux leather pockets. 

But when I added the rivets, I messed up and ended up with rivets that were neither aligned nor centered 😭 which of course I couldn't live with... 

so the rivets came off and the flap went in the bin. At that point I paused and moved on. My motivation for the project had taken quite a knock. (And of course I had a few other projects I could work on 😂)

Christine was running a competition in the FB group and deadline to post our finished purse was today, nothing better to focus the mind, right? So I picked it up again earlier this week, making the zip pockets with their teeny tiny zip ends... 

With the interior finished, I only needed the new flap to be able to complete the purse. So that's what I did last night. And I'm happy I did 🙂. I really love the look of it, I love the colours/ fabric. It will go in my bag straight away but I am planning to make one or 2 as Christmas presents possibly. 

The inside of the purse is highly customisable which is really good. 


I had to use the most appropriate label I had of course!

And with that, I have my first finish for October, which was on my list of Fettle those Finishes (although I have planned to make 3 so that's one third!)

Linking to Needle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday, Peacock PartyBrag about your Beauties

Celine

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!