A new bag!

 Finally... my first finish this year, my first project fully made in this new house, my first bag in nearly 6 months... and 2 months later than the sew-along... but who cares, it is now FINISHED and in-use already! Let me present my strawberry and chocolate Remus bag! Pattern by Bags of Bags of Style.

The sew along finished on my birthday, on the very same day I started the cutting... I then spent (far too) much time sourcing my hardware that I had decided needed to be rose gold. It came all the way from Belgium from Serial Bag makers who has such beautiful hardware.  

The bag doesn't take that long to make but my progress was very very slow. 

For the lining I picked a print from my stash that I really love because why not enjoy it. 

I had never tried a strap with 2 pieces of leather, it was a little fiddly (definitely use some tape!) and it is not perfectly regular but I really like the look of it.

My machine really didn't like the top stitching at the top of the bag and kept skipping stitches so again that's not perfect but as well as could be. 

The Remus is a small bag, perfect for me for the school run. And a much needed replacement to the previous bag I had, which was really showing bad signs of wear and tear. 

Plus after I thought I had lost all my labels during the move, I was so happy to find them again randomly. So I added one (by hand after the bag was finished).

I also wanted a tassel because why not? I used a 3x6" piece of faux leather for it and it worked really well I think. 

This is my first finish for 2022, my first OPAM and one of my 12 PHD for 2022! 

Linking to Put your foot downFinished or Not Finished Friday, Peacock Party, Can I get a Whoop Whoop15 Minutes to Stitch 2022, Patchwork and QuiltMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and Thread

Celine

Comments

  1. that is gorgeous!!!! what a great finish - and! the timing was perfect ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, bravo ! Joli sac fraise chocolat, et les finitions sont très belles je trouve.
    Merci pour le lien ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice purse! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much lovely detail! Love this bag. The rose gold hardware you waited for is perfection. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5