April in review

 Well, I anticipated that I wouldn't have much time to sew, I didn't anticipate that I'd have no energy when some time was free. I guess there is far too much going on in the house really. Firstly hubby and our middle daughter caught Covid, that dampened our plans for the school holidays, and our friends could no longer visit. We had plan a birthday party and an Easter meal too and until the last minute, which modified our plans for Easter and having friends around. We had a dinner party and Easter here but until the last minute, we weren't sure whether it would happen or not. It finally happened and the weather was glorious too!

Our office/sewing room was finished just before the school holiday started so we "moved" in. Sadly after 3 weeks my sewing corner is not yet set up, it is just piles of stuff everywhere that I need to organise.


As soon as we freed the space we had used to work, we filled it with the content of 2 of the kids' bedrooms as we started getting the roof insulated from the inside. They are knocking down the ceiling and replacing the old, virtually inexistant insulation with some thick new one. 


We have chosen cotton wool made of recycled clothing or fabric for the insulation. Now all these jokes about buying fabric being a good way to insulate the loft/roof are coming to life! 

Of course, on top of having to store stuff everywhere, the house is very messy with dust absolutely everywhere and most of the rooms out of action. I can't wait for this building sorti to be over really and I hope that we will feel the difference, both in the comfort and in the electricity bills. 

View of our lounge with all crammed in and lovely black plastic curtains...

On the sewing front, not much happened really, I made 2 Farmer's Wife blocks for and 2 Boho Heart applique blocks, only 4 little blocks...

I sewed a little of the border of the Super Mario quilt that I was hoping to finish this month, it has been quilted for nearly a year I think. But there are also so many threads to bury in that one that it seems to take forever... Nothing much really and not much energy to sew either. I don't know how long my sew-jo will be gone for, but I hope to find it somewhere as we move things around in the house...

Linking to April Furtle

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!