I am Hesat blouse

 That wasn't necessarily in my plans for this month but then I came across this challenge on Instagram #SewAprilBlouse23.

Blouses/Shirts have been on my wish list for a while but I never really got around sewing one, so I guess this challenge was the perfect push.

There were a few patterns that I really liked and shortlisted. I am Hesat was the first one I went for, hoping I'll have time for others!

 For the fabric, I raided my stash and pulled out 2 fabrics that I washed. I eventually settled on this beautiful Cobra Corsage lawn fabric that I had been sitting in my cupboard for 5 years! Too pretty to be cut? Well I decided that it's actually too pretty to be hidden in a drawer!

The blouse is quite simple since it only has 4 pieces: front,  back and 2 sleeves and the construction is reasonably simple. I lengthen a little body and sleeves but I can't relever by how much 🫢

I hadn't really tried the rolled hem on the overlocker before, so I practiced onto a scrap and really liked the effect. 

And I hadn't tried shearing either. Again once I was able to locate some black elastic, I practiced on a scrap and then went for it!

Both techniques are well explained in the videos published by I am patterns. 

I really like my new blouse and so does my lab friend!

This was an April finish that I've already been happily wearing!

Linking to  Patchwork and QuiltLife in Pieces, Design Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and ThreadPut your foot downBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPeacock Party.

Céline 

Comments

  1. Cute blouse! I hope one day to sew myself some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garment sewing seems a bit out of reach for me -- I'm super impressed that you took a leap here! I can honestly say that I bought a shirt with the same shirring from J. Crew this year -- not only is this blouse beautiful, but it's completely on trend! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!