Pleiades dress

 With Spring finally back and a few Holy Communion to attend, I thought I needed a new dress. I had wanted to try some French Poetry patterns for a while and settled on the Pléiades 2 Dress for my first try. Before I left the UK, I had ordered a stash of Lady McElroy fabric from Sherwoods Fabrics that I hadn't yet put to good use. I picked the New York City - Night print, q lovely cotton poplin that has a beautiful drape.

The construction of the dress is not very difficult and the explanations are rather clear but for some reasons or another, I ended up unpicking about every single seam... 

I lengthen the bodice by 2 cm and the skirt by 10 cm as I wanted longer but didn't want to add frill.

I also added pockets, as it says on the label, because it's always a bonus to have pockets! 

Now it's finished, I really love it. I've already worn it twice this month and can see it coming out quite often. 

And with that, I have a finish for May, which was also my  One monthly goal.

Linking to  Design Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and ThreadPut your foot downBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPeacock PartyPatchwork and Quilt 

Céline 

Comments

  1. It looks fantastic. And yay for pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your dress! Such fun fabric and it's a great fit. Plus pockets!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5