Finally finished!

 10 years since I started this quilt and last night I finally added the last stitches!

It was originally a quilt-along on Flickr(!) (one of so many I joined) that started in 2013. I managed most of the basic blocks and when there were some additional cuts to do, I froze and put it aside... for a very long time! 

I finally got the bag out in June 2021 and finished the quilt top just before our international move to get it quilted before we left the UK but I had an adventure with my parcel that got sent to the wrong address but eventually (luckily) came back to me. By that time it was too late to get it quilted in the UK...


Last year I contacted Kim in France to quilt it for me but the parcel sat for nearly another year before I got everything out, ironed the top and the backing to send it on its way. And finally this spring I sent it to Kim who quilted it beautifully. 


All that was left was for the binding to be added. I wasn't sure what solid I used for the top (since it had been so so long) so I decided to use the backing fabric for the binding too. I finally attached the binding in (after sleeping underneath the quilt for a few weeks already) and finished the hand sewing last night. Just in time to claim my One monthly goal for November!

One massive UFO no more, the quilt is a 90'' square and used bamboo batting to use it as a summer quilt. Fabric collection is Liberty art fabric. Started 2013, finished 2023.

Pattern is Impromptu by Rachel Griffiths

Linking to Design Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and ThreadPut your foot downBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPeacock PartyPatchwork and Quilt.

Céline

Comments

  1. Yay! It's wonderful. I'm glad you were able to finish it and put it to use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!