I am still into the big tidy up/clean up/declutter activities here, partly why I am sewing so little. Part of the exercise has been to go through "parked" projects and decide whether I really wanted to keep them/I had hope to finish them one day or if I had completely fallen out of love or they would require so much more that I know deep down that I will never complete them.
One of the projects that came out of its box was my "Impromptu" quilt, which has been on my finish-along wish list for a long long time. I finally got all the pieces out and tried to work out where I was at and what needed to be done to get it on my bed. I started it as a quilt-along in 2013...
This is where I realised why I had parked it... at some point, while slicing a 9-patch block, I made a mistake in my cut. Instead of fixing it then and there, I stashed it away for another time. Well, I am happy that the time has now come and I have unpicked the mistake and am fixing it now.
I also tried to work out what else needed to be done to complete the top and there was more than I remembered/hoped. Anyway, I am now slowly making the disappearing 9-patch blocks. Once these are completed I will be able to assemble this massively big top.
More soon I hope!