Most of the time, I joined bees without a real plan for my blocks either so invariably, they got stashed away...for another time. With quite a few BIG birthdays in the family at the moment, I decided it was time to start getting some of the blocks out and make something out of them, if possible. I have digged deep into the pile this time... retrieving some bee blocks from 2 different bees.
The Bee Weave It or Not made in 2012
and the Bee White Black made in 2013.
I had X blocks of the B&W and Y of the plaited stars to play with. After trying out a couple of layouts, I settled on this one.
I had to unpick and resew one of the B&W block but overall, it went quite smoothly and I now have a quilt top ready to be quilted (hopefully this week-end)!
Linking to Monday Making, Monday Design Wall, Wednesday Wait Loss, Midweek Makers, Let's Bee Social, Needle and Thread Thursday