Trick or Treat

I know it isn't October yet and Halloween is still a little way off but I joined this lovely swap on Instagram/Flicker to make a Trick or Treat Bag using this tutorial. The deadline for sending the package is tomorrow and for once I have sent before the deadline! How amazing!

Anyway, I had found this lovely paper pieced block to make Witch Shoes and thought it would make a cute bag front! So I played with a little paper piecing for a few evenings (I hadn't done any paper piecing for a while so it was nice to get back to it!) and from a shoe,
I got to a pair of witchy toes
For the back of the bag, I had a lovely selection of fabrics (most of them I ordered for the swap) that I used to make a simple block.


And for the lining I used this lovely large scale print. If my partner doesn't like the outside of her bag, she could always turn it on the lining side, it is Halloween too!

And here is the finished bag (with the lining still sticking out).


In addition to the bag, I made a little pincushion with lots of bright scraps. I didn't use Halloween fabric as I thought a pin cushion is not just for Halloween!

I collected a few goodies for my partner too before sending it on its way this morning.


So I will be counting 3 more blocks for the 350-blocks challenge. And these also 2 more OPAMs for this month as well as another item for my NewFO challenge.

And just as I came home from the post office this morning, this lovely package from Michelle was waiting for me. A perfect bag made of hexies - could it be better? A lovely cross-stitch hoop and lots of treats, Definitely no tricks!


Linking to Anything Goes Monday.
Celine


Comments

  1. Those witch feet are so cute. There is a pattern called "The Witch is In" that is so cute. I don't have it, but I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice! I love the witchy shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not imagine she would not be pleased with your bag and treats. It is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The witchy toes are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway