Darling dress

Why start early when you can leave everything to the last minute? Especially when the challenge is for something new that you haven't done before... A few months back, 3 sewists launched a contest on IG to make a shirt dress by Summer Day (21 June). What a great idea, of course I would join in especially as I hadn't tried a shirt dress before, what with buttonholes and all that, new skills to be learnt! I picked the Darling Dress pattern from Megan Nielsen and ordered a lovely tencel (viscose) in denim colour from Les Coupons St Pierre, a little while ago, ready to get started..... And finally last week-end... I got started. I know, I know better late than never...

Anyway, because I am tall I thought it be better if I lengthened the bodice, which I did and... that played havoc with my darts, that came out first too high, then too low and finally not symetrical (how did that one happened???) So after some trying and unpicking and trying again, I finally got "a dress" by Wednesday morning (21 I know).... that still needed hemming, buttonholes, buttons and also of course fixing those darts....


All finished just in time of Wednesday night! Ta da!
In truth, although it was the longest day on Wednesday with the summer solstice, I didn't make it before the daylight was no more, but I made it before midnight!
And I took better pictures on Thursday because it would have been a shame not too :-)
My first shirt dress!


One more OPAM for June, and one off my Q2 FAL list too!

Celine

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the nick-of-time finish! I, too, am a member of the Last Minute Club. You're not alone! ;)

    On behalf of the Finish A Long global hosts, thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!