2021 Planning Party

 Planning?? Really?? Is that still possible in the unpredictable world we live in at the moment. Or maybe planning is actually what will keep us/me sane. To be honest, we do have big projects (as a family) for 2021 but more on that later, hoping that they will happen and we can then share. 


Yvonne's Planning Party is on once more. I participated the last 2 years but I am not sure how well I have fared really. Maybe because I had too many projects and I am always tempted by more. So I should try and focus on some real wishes I have for next year, some projects that I would like to see moving out of my head and into reality. Let's try and pick just a few from each "category"

Quilts, let's try to:

Finish at least 2 UFOs (top favorites would be Super Mario, Harry Potter, Halo quilt and Gipsy Wife) 

Finish the 2 WIP that I have started since Autumn: Snowflake quilt and Retro Tetro

Get rid of 2 other UFOs that I will never finish - not sure which ones yet, I need to go through the looong list

Maybe start 2 new quilts, that would be a great balance! I am watching the Fandom in Stitches new Quilt Along for 2021 and I received the Boho Heart pattern for Christmas so that could be my two maybe?

Dressmaking, there are always so many projects I am dreaming of making, but maybe the most favorite ones (at least for now) would be to

Try to make either a blouse or a shirt, or why not both. 

Finish the pair of Morgan jeans I cut last spring - I just need to finally decide on the colour 

I also need a new dressing gown and I have fabric and pattern ready (they have been for a long while already) so hopefully this will be a completed project by the end of 2021... 

Finally progress on the Jasika Jacket I started nearly 2 years ago if I can get over the fear....

Accessories, bags:

I have bought all the bling for the Moonwake bag so I hope to make it sooner rather than later and maybe another bag too. 

Maybe I'll also have time for some smaller accessories too like pouches or purses. I will also need to take a good look at my faux-leather stash and decide how much I really want to keep...

Cross-stitch:

The Grimm along has nearly finished and I am only on the second month. I also have the Nutcracker Parade that I started last winter.... so I know what to do! 

I am sure lots of other projects will catch my eyes and my attention along the way but who knows, maybe these goals are more attainable?

-----

Looking at the projects I had listed in 2020, I had listed 6 new projects for quilting and I started the Sewing Studio banner and completed my baby quilt. I never got started on the other 4 so they can come off the list!

I completed one WIP: the Vintage Kitchen Quilt but made no virtually no progress on my Dear Jane. 

Of the 14 UFOs I had listed, I finished the Horse Quilt, the Threadology quilt, the Scrappy strips quilt but hardly or didn't touch the other 11.

For dressmaking, I finished 3 out of 4 UFO, Hubby's Quadra jeans, my Fumeterre skirt and my Sirocco jumpsuit

and I made 3 new projects from my original list of 7: a Linden sweatshirt, a Lola sweater dress and a pair of free range slack

Of course I completed lots of other projects that caught my eye throughout the year and they were not even in my original plans, but that's half of the fun, right?

Let's hope with a smaller list, I am able to tick more off this coming year.

Linking to 2021 Planning Party

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!