Yesterday evening was Friday Night Sew-In and for the first time in a while, I actually managed to do some sewing. I did finished all my little trees for my forest. OK it is only a small forest with 14 trees but maybe this project won't become a UFO.
After a rushed morning between football training and the weekly shopping, my backache came back again so I decided to take the afternoon easy while doing some sewing. Well, I am happy to report that my Little Forest top is all pieced together. Plus apart from 9 green triangles for the trees, all the other fabrics came from my scrap boxes. I don't have one single background fabric but I have used up some scraps. All my trunks are from the same fabric but I needed so little.
The assignment for the quilt-along this week is to finish all the trees and sew the row. So I am all done for this week!
Yesterday evening I also cut out a paper pattern to make some bathrobes to the kids but I haven't got any further than cutting the "vintage" paper pieces. I found the pattern dating back from January 1985 (!) in my Mum's stash of patterns this summer.