Monday, 7 May 2012

Just Takes 2

I tried to catch up further with my Just Takes 2 blocks this week-end but I haven't been as productive as the previous week-end.
I started with block #17 which is paper-pieced. Although I decided to do the flying geese with the no-waste method rather than paper piecing. I am not sure it was a good idea as there were small size geese. After that I assembled my block the wrong way so had to rip off but I ripped off the wrong seam first... Anyway finally here ismy slightly wonky block #17 , started on Friday and finished on Sunday, with its 57 pieces.
I then made more geese for block #24 again with the no-waste method, 24 pieces.
I also pieced block #18 but haven't applique the melons as yet so this one doesn't count as a finished block yet. I'll add the applique next time we go away. Easy transportable project.
Next block is the lovely feathered star #19 which is big and complex so I went at it very slowly, cutting my pieces as I went along. I haven't finished it yet but have done the center and the feathers so far. I have finished off my first metre of background fabric now. I have another 3 metres piece that I ordered last month. We'll see how far this will take me.
Total pieces for the finished blocks = 480 pieces

This is all for my BOM Rehab this week, I was hoping to nearly finish all the smaller blocks for the first quarter of the quilt but I still need a few week-ends to catch up it seems...
Until next time!
Celine

3 comments:

  1. sometimes we think we are doing the right thing... then we are not so sure!! looks good to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all of your progress over here Celine! Good work in the Rehab/nice seeing you there!hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting to see how the rehab is going for others, I was not able to complete any blocks this week. Your blocks are so detailed and they do look amazing. I will have to have a little more experience before giving blocks like that a try. Great progress from my view.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget