Building blocks

Ok so I did very little sewing this week-end but at least I tried to catch up with my bee blocks since I am in so many bees!

This month see the start of a new year for the Bee Europa  it is now the fourth round and my third time. I am ashamed to say that none of my previous 2 sets of blocks have made it to a finish quilt yet. My first year block (Maisy) are made into a flimsy ready to be quilted, my second year of blocks are also made into a flimsy but I need a few more blocks to make my top bigger.
So I started with Miriam's blocks after I was finally able to locate her envelope of fabric that I had temporarily lost in my sewing room. When I opened her package and saw that she wanted tumbling blocks, I almost put it away for later because I HATE Y-seams but Muriel pointing us to a great youtube tutorial by Kaye West, which works very well making Y-seams a breeze. So in the end, the 5 tumbling blocks got finished quickly.

Next month is my turn to be queen bee, so of course I can't decide what to ask my partners to make for me but I am thinking I might enlist their help to finish one of my numerous UFOs.



I then made 2 Granny blocks for Lisa. She choose coral, teal and grey for her colour scheme, not some colours I use often but I thankfully had some in my stash! I made her these 2 blocks


I only have 2 blocks to make this month because I am queen Bee so I should receive plenty of goodness!

And finally I made 2 more blocks for myself for Bee White Black. There are only 11 of us in the bee and I had cut enough fabric for 12 bees/24 blocks so I finished 2 more blocks, making 4 until I start receiving lovely envelopes!


Linking to Jen's Building Blocks Tuesday and Janice's Sew Cute Tuesday and Judy's Design Wall Monday
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!