Toaster sweater 1 is a T-shirt!

After battling with my overlocker last week-end, I finally took the plunge and tried some clothes sewing, with jersey as well! 

I had signed up to #SewMyStyle on Instagram and the first pattern for January is a Toaster Sweater by Sew House Seven.I have been willing to try clothes making for a while and I figured that would give me the push I needed to get started.

I had cut the pattern and then the fabric, yes one step at a time as I was quite scared! So on Saturday, I started assembling the pieces. And surprise, it went together quite easily! I got to this stage on Saturday
I tried the twin needle sewing on the seams but it was messy so I gave up before ruining everything.
And on Sunday night, I had my first ever me-made garment! The fabric was on the thin side so it is more a T-Shirt than a sweater, which is good because it is slightly tight on me anyway and suit better  a T-shirt. The fabric is soooo comfortable I really love it. And I think there will be more of these in the future, I am converted!



So I am very happy to have a successful finish and if you are new to dressmaking, it is an easy enough pattern to try! Now I didn't pay enough attention to the #SewMyStyle challenge and cut the Toaster #1 when we are making Toaster #2! So back to the drawing board to make version 2 of the pattern, hoping it will be as successful as the first.
But for now this is another OPAM for January as well as my OMG and also one of my Q1 FAL list!

Linking to Let's Bee Social, Needle and Thread Thursday, Whoop Whoop Friday and One Monthly Goal.
Celine


Comments

  1. Fun top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway