Cigarette pants

I know, I know, yet another new project. Last week, I asked hubby if he thought I could make myself a new pair of trousers for my meeting the following week. His (wise) response was that considering I was going to be away for work for a few days, that was quite unlikely... But you know, I like a challenge of course, so on Saturday I got my Maker's Atelier's book out and the lovely seersucker fabric I had bought a little while ago from Fabworks and I decided to get going.

Now the trousers is not difficult, it is only the leg pieces and the inside waist band. I cut it and started assembled most of it on Saturday. Now my fabric was quite stretchy and I measured my waist too big so I had to take it back a little on the front and back. The trousers also have a zip on the side but it was quite easy to insert using the method described in the book.
A first for me, I did the blind hem on my machine too, and that meant that the trousers were ready to wear for my meeting on Wednesday.
It has come out a little loose at the waist, so I will definitely need to cut one size down for the waist but I love the pattern and can see more!


Another one of my  Q4 FAL and another OPAM for October. Also linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!