Long Time Gone

One quilt entirely made in 2017, and not for a gift, this is quite a rare event. I started the QAL for Long Time Gone (pattern by Jen Kingwell) in the Spring (I even started a little ahead of the game to try and keep it up) and managed to finish the top just by the deadline of end of July. I used fabric from my stash and from my scrap bins to make it.


The top had to wait until November to finally get quilted when the frame was out and this probably one of the slowest quilting I have done. It took me a whole week to finish it, probably because I used lots of different free-motion quilting patterns.




For the backing I used Score Cards from the Lucky Strike collection of Cotton&Steel.

And I used the same fabric for the binding too.

Now I am so happy this lovely quilt is finished and I am to keep it. I am sure I will thoroughly enjoy it.
Quilt stats:
started February 2017, finished December 2017
Fabric: all from my stash
Backing and binding: Lucky Strike by Cotton and Steel
Quilted with Superior Threads King Tut

One more OPAM for December as well as my  One monthly goal  and one of my Q4 FAL list.

Celine

Comments

  1. Amazing quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing quilt, I love that you used pieces from your stash - a perfect scrappy quilt, I am sure it will make you happy every time you sight it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are going to keep an enjoy it yourself. It turned out fantastic and reminds me how great makes can be from stash and scraps! Congratulations on checking a goal off of your list. Thanks for linking up to 2017 Q4 FAL on behalf of the Finish-A-Long hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!