New quilt along(s)

I think I have been very weak! I just joined a new quilt-along on Instagram the #scrappytrip2018 which is based on Bonnie Hunter's tutorial. I have so much fabric in my stash I figured that could be a good way to use some up and my brother is turning 40 next year so that could be a nice present for him. The idea would be to make a big quilt (of course!) so I am thinking (ideally) 6x7 blocks which means 42 blocks or 252 strips. Surely that should make a hole in my stash??? Who am I kidding???
Anyway, next decision is fabric/colour choice. Obviously I don't want it too girly... but will I stick to a colour scheme or should I go for an explosion of colours and just pick my fabric randomly, after all I need quite a few strips... so many decisions. I think I will just start cutting and see what happens after a while.... I'll probably reuse some of the fabric but I think I probably have more than 250 fabrics in my carefully curated collection...

And there is also another quilt along that has caught my eye, it is the Modern Plus Sampler Quilt Along that Cheryl and Paige will start on 5th July. The quilt design will be available next Thursday, I can't wait to see it. Let's see if I can resist it or not...
grab button for Modern Plus Sampler
Have you started any quilt/along recently?

Celine



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!