Dear Jane sew along

It's funny how things go sometimes. I haven't touched my Dear Jane for such a long time but decided to get all the blocks out early February to touch base with it, in the hope to rekindle my love and finish it... one day. And I think it worked! Once I laid out all the blocks I was in love again! Not that I have done any sewing on it since! And then a Dear Jane quilt-along came up on Instagram, starting in March. What a coincidence really, I can't let that opportunity to work on such an old UFO go, surely?

So for now here are what I am starting from, made years and years ago... I started my Dear Jane in 2004 and everything so far has been hand sewn. I have 122 of the 169 blocks necessary, only 7 triangles, and none of the corner
Row A is only missing A1 and A2
Row B is less advanced with only 9 blocks out of 13
Row C has only 8 out of 13 blocks
Row D  11 out of 13
Row E 9 out of 13
Row F with 10 out 13
Row G is one of the least advanced one with only 7 blocks
Row H 9 out of 13
Row I is the least advanced with just 6 blocks
Row J is only missing 2 blocks
Row K has 10 out 13 blocks
Row L has 10 out of 13 blocks too
Row M has 11 out of 13 
Top Row - only 2 out of 13
Right Side - 3 triangles
Bottom Row - only 2
Left Side - 0!

Still some work to do of course but I was pleased to see that I have actually already done a lot.

Celine

Comments

  1. Ahhh, a Jane in progress! Just recently saw a woman doing a DJ SAL on You Tube. She is using the EQ8 software to draft her blocks. My hats off to both of you. I have the book an templates but have never been organized to start one. One started is still better than one that is not!! You'll get back to her when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5