Laptop sleeve

With all the faux leather I had bought, my first idea and plan was to make a laptop sleeve for my work computer. And it actually was the last project I finished before I went on my business trip. I wanted to make it in the light green fabric but the piece was not quite wide enough so I decided to add a strip in the middle.
Assembling the piece was easy enough but of course in the inside the seams allowance were visible so I thought it would be better to line it, which I did with fabric from my stash.
I wasn't sure how to finish it, also considering that the seam allowances can't really be pressed.
In the end I had to top stitch on the outside of the flap to make it stay in shape and it ended up being a little wider that I needed, so I am not entirely convinced. 
Maybe I should have cut off or rounded the corners of the flap too. Although I have used it on a business trip already I am not sure if I will keep it as it is or if I might modify it....
For now, it is one more OPAM for July, my One monthly goal for July and also one of my Q3 FAL.

Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday

Celine

Comments

  1. Looks like it fits the laptop well. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!