It's pink and bright!

I have been meaning to make night dresses for a long time and have been looking for a pattern for it but I couldn't find anything suitable. Most patterns are for PJ sets or lounge wear. What I wanted really was a long sleeves T-shirt dress. I had this crazy wild and bright Jersey in my stash for a while so I figured I could use for a wearable toile. I picked the Lark Tee pattern by Grainline studio that I had made once before. I choose the boat neck portion option and cut a size 12 for the bust grading to 14. I also lengthened at the hem by 11'

It didn't take long to make really, all sewn on the overlocker. I left all the edges raw, just overlocked them all.
Well the wearable toile is indeed wearable. I've been enjoying it since I made it 🙂
And once the girls saw it, they also wanted a pink leotard something!
So I made a night dress by elongating the top of the 11th Hour Gear pattern. Hers is hemmed and has a neckband.
And for her younger sister I made a summer PJ set because I didn't have enough length for a winter one! 
And I used ribbing for the neckband as I couldn't cut the neckband with the grainline in the right direction in my leftovers so it had 0 stretch!
Not bad to get 3 outfits out of a 3m piece of fabric from my stash that I nearly discarded! Not sure if I have enough left over for a pair of underwear now.

3 OPAMs for March and 2 off my Q1 FAL.
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5