Ogden cami

I could call this one an unfinished finish....

I cut this Ogden cami while cutting a batch of hankies earlier in the month. The cotton fabric was just too pretty to be reduced to hankies only! And the Ogden is an old favourite!


I spent quite some time last weekend to sew it up, all finished with French seams. 
Of course I used the appropriate label too! 
I was quite pleased with it... until I tried it on. It looked absolutely awful on me. It was too tight at the front on my bust. As for the back there's far too much material and it's dragging. I was so disheartened that I threw it to one side.... I picked it up in the week and removed all the French seams which has loosened the seams a little. It looks better at the front but I suspect I need a sway back adjustment or something else. So this finished top will eventually come apart completely.... not sure how much I'll be able to salvage....

I have made a few Ogden before but I guess the fabric was draping better so it looked better. Unless I didn't notice before the drag on the back. I have also lengthened the bodice by about 2.5' so the top is longer and falls to my hips. Maybe that also aggravates the issue. 

This was my One monthly goal for April


Celine

Comments

  1. So lovely! It's a shame that there were issues, though. But, at least, you did go back to it. I probably would have given up. Very nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your cami finish. It looks so feminine. I love the soft fabric and the stars/moon sprinkled in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that’s a shame! I suspect you’re right about the longer length exacerbating the issue with the back, I hope you can rescue it because it’s really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5