Threadology

 And finally my Threadology quilt is finished! I quilted it in the Spring when I had my frame out for the 5 tops that were ready to go and it had been waiting for its binding since. I was hoping to find enough of the black fabric I had used on the top but I couldn't find much left so I used some plain black with it. In the end I think it's not very obvious and works well.


The blocks were from a
quilt-along over the Fat Quarter Shop Blog in 2019. I started well but then before the half way mark, I lost the pace and parked the project. I finally picked it up again earlier this year and made the quilt top and pieced backing last March. It was free motion quilted with a different motif in every block more or less in May.

And I finally finished it this month. The worst part for me is always to bury the threads but at least that can be done while watching some easy on TV.


I had selected this one as my
One Monthly Goal, even though I didn't link it on time on Patty's blog earlier in the month. But never mind, it is finished and I am happy with that. One OPAM for November too.


Quilt Stats:
Started in February 2019, finished in November 2020
Fabric (top, backing and binding): all from my stash
Quilted with King Tut Threads #937 and #902
Finished size: 52'' x 68''

Comments

  1. I thought I was seeing my own (OLD) post. I scrolled back to the top to see the date. I have one just like this waiting to be quilted. Also completely made with scraps. Congrats on the completion. You'll have to watch out for mine some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the blocks form a spool of thread! Congrats on the great finish! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever quilt! So glad you shared your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!