Block lotto UFO

 I played the lottery with the Block Lotto quite a few times over the years. In 2014, Sophie offered a full quilt pattern on top of the blocks for the lotto. Of course, I started it but ran out of steam half way through the year.... The final quilt should have looked like this

This abandonned project is my APQS UFO for February so I digged the blocks out and found 47 of them. Looking at the finished quilt, I would still miss 5 Sunrise blocks, 14 Little Windows blocks, 6 Sweet Dreams blocks, 4 Woven Bar blocks, 8 Easy X blocks, and 3 Big O blocks so another 40 blocks. Now I could make a pretty good quilt from what I have already. But should I make more blocks and have a bigger quilt? One crucial question for this is do I have background fabric left, and if so, where is it?


One temptation is to assemble the blocks together and finish the quilt now but equally looking at the picture of the finished quilt, I really like it! But there is a lot of work left in it... Watch this space!

My idea at the time of making those blocks was to use a common grey background and whatever spotty/dotty fabric I had in my stash as I wanted a spotty quilt.

No progress on this UFO so far this month but maybe I will eventually start making something out of it.

Celine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!