Farmer's Wife

 Before the holidays, I finally cut out one new block for the Farmer's Wife quilt

39 [Friendship] that I completed on our return

While sewing #39, I also cut out and worked on another block

30 [End of Day] since both could be made without templates. For this one, I decided to simplify the construction, constructing squares out of 2 strips and making HSTs out of the squares. The fabric placement is different from the book but I figured that this is my interpretation of the quilt and it would be fine this way. 

Next on my list were those 3 blocks with the first 2 being very similar in design

[28] Duck and Ducklings

[32] Farmer's Daughter


[33] Famer's Puzzle
This one gave me lots of trouble, I think I probably unpicked every single seam at least once. And I am still not happy with it as the central piece didn't match...


I unpicked again but I am not sure it is better, I won't touch it anymore now...


That's 5 more blocks for February and now 57 blocks for my FW quilt, I am officially half way through the blocks if I decide to make them all...

Comments

  1. Tes blocs sont beaux, j'aime beaucoup ces couleurs. Tout ensemble ça va être joli ! Plus que la moitié à faire, tu tiens le bon bout ;-))
    Merci pour le partage de liens !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5