More on-going projects

Because the list is not long enough, I am also planning to do a little wall-hanging from my grand-mum who is turning 80 in June. I found a cute pattern on the Sulky (german) website which would be very appropriate since my grand-mum has lived on a farm and kept animals all her life:

I already made her a wall-hanging on the same theme for her 75th birthday (5 years ago) from a pattern I found in Magic Patch:


Then there is my other grand-Mum turning 85 in September. I have signed up for a mystery quilt Chain-A-Spool, which is based on the reproduction of an antique quilt from the 20-30s. I am planning to make that one for my grand-Mum using left over fabrics I have from the log cabin and flower quilt I made her for her 80th birthday 5 years ago.


I should really get started with cutting my fabrics, which is the task for this month but have yet to start. I think I am going to use the green left-overs as the main fabric and some red as accent. I also have to decide which size I am going for, will probably depend on the time I have on hands.

Then there are my friends having babys and I need baby presents as well. When my friend Cathi stopped by on her way to Sweden last month she brought me some lovely personalised bodysuit for my daughter. I think I am going to use her very good idea for quick baby present and will make something bigger for my close friends later.

Finally for now I have also decided to join the blocklotto that I discovered by reading Kate's blog. I have made 2 blocks so far but will try to make a few more. Pictures to follow soon.

Well with all the projects I am planning to do, I should really get starting now.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...