Friday Night Sew-In - the results

I hadn't participated in the Friday Night Sew-In for a while but I am glad to report that I made good progress. I guess it helps to know which project to work on and to have a tight deadline. Anyway I managed to finish the dress (but the elastic band in the belt as I didn't know which size to cut it) and to start sewing the body of the jacket.
I waited for my model to be up this morning to take a picture. She looks cute I think (I might be biased!). What do you think?

I used patterns and fabric that I bought last year at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. The pattern are from Pink Fig Patterns. The skirt was supposed to be a patchwork skirt made of different squares but I used strips instead. The jacket is normally quilted but since it is nearly summer here (hard to believe though with all the rain and cold), I won't quilt it or use wadding in it. I will just lined it with cotton. OK I now have until tonight to finish the jacket if I want her to wear it for her photo shot tomorrow!
Hopefully I'll report more progress tomorrow. Watch this space.
Celine

Comments

  1. What a great outfit. I love the tiered skirt and the cute vest.
    This is my first FNSI so I was very happy to get something accomplished.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow and usually keep up to what you have been doing through google reader but I have to comment on this. You have done a great job with choosing the pattern and the fabric for this as they look great on little miss. She'll look really smart(dressy) when the jacket is added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling outfit! Your sweetie sure looks pleased!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway