Happy New Year

I wish you all a Happy New Year, full of wonderful projects, new or old! I hope you had a great time over the holidays and are starting the year full of positives!
We have had a break from the building work as we have gone away from the house and I must say it has been very nice! We woke up this morning with all the trees covered by a heavy blanket of snow and now the sun is shining! Postcard view from the window.


On the sewing front, a new year wouldn't be a new year without lots of new projects really!

Simply Solids: a modern {bee} is starting in February. I can't wait to see which blocks we are going to make. I haven't decided on mine yet but my month as a queen bee is not until November so I have some time!


Sewing with Jennie's threads is starting on Friday. Jennie will post the first pattern but you can already have a peak at the first lovely block she designed. Read the details on her blog here. Her BOM will include stitchery, piecing and applique. A great way to use all your skills!

Skill Builder BOM is starting now too. Read all the details on Alyssa's blog PileoFabric We are at the fabric selection stage now so not too late to join really!

Ula's BOM this year is called " My home is my castle" and the first pattern is already available on her website. If you like paper piecing this is one for you! I think I might try this one for Miss Strawberry Shortcake who is really into princesses at the moment.

Over on Threadbias, the Pretty in Patchwork Sew-Along when we will be making projects from the book every month. And I was lucky enough to win the giveaway for the book from Rebecca. I will surely have to join this one! The first project for January is a very cute Polar Bear Cushion. Go and check it out!


Another very modern BOM is available at genX quilters called Sisters' Ten modern BOM. I really like the look of this one too...

You can also find another paper pieced BOM with a sewing theme at Quiet Play. A picture of the finished quilt is also available so you know before you start!

Quilt Doodle Designs 2013 BOM is also starting now, the first block has been released already.

That is quite a long list and I am sure there are plenty more available online! I won't be joining all of the above, however tempting it might be but I will try to follow a few as well as I can. I am returning to work soon so my free time will be greatly reduced. I suppose I could look at all these projects as a great way to make a big dent in my stash or as a potential long list of WIPs and UFOs!
What about you? Are you planning on any new projects for 2013? Have fun!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5