A few little blocks

Well not only time seems to disappear since we have come back at the beginning of September but the summer went like a flash. We traveled back and forth to France quite a lot so there was little time to sit at my sewing machine and enjoy some sewing. Which of course means that I am behind with quite a few of my bee blocks. I spent some time last week-end trying to catch up, working on a variety of blocks. Letters should be flying out of my house soon!

I first made my wonky star block for Marg for the Sibling Together Bee. I took inspiration from Angela's Stargazing block in the Modern Blocks book but for a 20' block, I needed more than 3 stars!
I also made one of the 2 log cabin blocks for Susy. One more to make and I can send those back too!

I am really really behind with my + and x blocks as well (like a few months behind) but at least I started cutting some fabric last week and completed 2 blocks. I have a lot more pieces cut so hopefully there should be some more soon!

I made one more yellow granny square using the tutorial I posted in August for the Granny Block Bee.

And I made some September blocks too! Muriel wanted some flying geese for Bee Europa and she sent some pretty fabric too! We made the blocks using the non-waste method where you start with one big square for the geese and 4 small ones for the sky. A great method when you want to make 4 geese with the same fabric.

Linking with Building Blocks Tuesday, Whoop Whoop Friday, Sew Darn Crafty.
Celine


Comments

  1. Looks like you've been extremely busy. Keep up the block makin'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5