Flower power, a nearly finish

I had hoped and planned to finish my Flower Power quilt this month as I want to gift it to my Grand-Mum for her 85th birthday very soon but this is not a finish as yet. So for a second month in a row I have failed the A lovely year of finishes  and Lazy Bums challenge.

But at least I can report some progress.
I worked hard very lately this month to make the border blocks, all 30 of them!
 4 Granny Squares for the corners
26 Mummy squares for the borders

Starting with 20 BOM blocks that were made between 2010 and 2011, I have actually made another 50 blocks for this quilt: 20 filler blocks for the centre and 30 blocks for the borders. The plan was for a quick quilt top to use those blocks and make a gift and it has actually turned into a much larger exercise. I hope this end result is good!

And that's an additional 20 blocks for the 350-blocks challenge, taking my total to 56 -amazing!
Next step is to square my border blocks up and to attach them to my centre top before quilting it, hopefully this week-end. Wish me luck!
Linking to A lovely year of finishes, Needle and Thread Thursday, Whoop Whoop Friday.
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway