Mandy boat tee

I had planned and tried to make one more garment in October for the indie patterns month challenge. I cut a Mandy boat tee pattern by Tessitu Fabric. Another new to me company but that I had heard about so much on Love to Sew podcasts.
I used a lovely organic cotton jersey fabric I bought from Fabworks a little while ago for my first try. Although the fabric is very wide, I only had one meter which wasn't enough for full sleeves so I cut the 3/4 sleeves instead.

This was my first time sewing with a fabric with striped so the cutting took quite some time and some thoughts... but it came out very nicely adjusted after all so I'm rather pleased!
The construction is really easy. The pattern advise assembling on the overlocker which I did but then decided to sew the seams on the machine anyway. As a result of that I guess and also because my fabric is not very stretchy, the sleeves are a little tight but overall it's a nice and easy free pattern. I love the line of the boat neck so I can see more in my future!
And although I finished this in October, I only wore it for the first time recently so didn't have any pictures until now so I am only posting it.

And this is another one of my Q4 FAL list

Celine

Comments

  1. Your T looks great on you! I was just working on the Mandy Tee yesterday and I too, decided to assemble it on my regular sewing machine and ended up with the arms way too tight! I have plans to unpick the sleeves and narrow my seam allowance a little bit! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5