Rainbow

A long while ago, I signed up for a workshop with Jacqueline de Jonge to make one of her fabulous pattern. I picked the Enchanted Stars pattern. Next step was to assemble a beautiful rainbow of fabric for this massive project!
Before the class we were advised to cut all the pieces (and there are loads!) to save time. I dutifully did and ended up with lots of pretty colourful trimmings
The workshop was on Friday and Saturday. The quilt is labour intensive and requires a lot of precision with so many points and spikes. All the peaks and flying geese are foundation pieced.

We stared off with some lovely rainbow spikes before moving on to the star. By lunch time, I had all the pieces below

and finished the first star by the end of the day. I know it doesn't look like much but it did take the day! The curved piecing was much more challenging than the paper piecing and Jacqueline gave us some very good pointers of what to pay attention too.

On the second day, we worked on the very long flying geese which I had managed to start a little the day before.

After that, we cut the black background fabric and assembled all the pieces for more curved piecing as well the border. This time it was a little easier because the curves were larger. And after making the second flying geese and attaching it to the top, I finished part A of the quilt and I must say I am in love 
Of course, there is a LOT more work left until I get a quilt top. I know it will take a WHILE until I get there but I have loved the workshop with Jacqueline. She gave us lots of tips and techniques to make her wonderful patterns, so my advice is "Catch her if you can" if you want to try one of her quilt.

Linking tMonday MakingMonday Design WallWednesday Wait LossMidweek MakersLet's Bee SocialNeedle and Thread Thursday

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5