With my brother's birthday looming and knowing I would see at the end of May, I set to finish the quilt before his visit. Cutting strips took a bit of time of course as well as some stash digging! But of course, once the strips were all available, it was a lot faster to make the blocks.
With all the blocks ready, I could finally build my rainbow :-)
I love the stained glass effect of a picture against the sun!
And finally it was time for quilting. I kept it very simple with a meander throughout and of course a few personnal messages too :-) I love to add some surprises for the recipient in the quilting
The backing fabric was the only one I bought, everything else came from my stash
The quilt was promptly square off so I could add the binding
and of course, the finishing stretch of sewing the binding by hand. A task that always takes longer than expected... let's say that the present wasn't ready when we had the cake on Friday night last week
but I managed to finish it by Sunday morning and to gift it to him just before he hit the road back to France
And I think he was pleased with it :-)
1260 squares (2.5') all from my stash
Finish at 60 x 84'
Started June 2018 - Finished June 2019
Free motion quilted with King Tut 917
One first OPAM for June, one of my Q2 FAL list and one less UFO!
Linking to Wednesday Wait Loss, Midweek Makers, Let's Bee Social, Needle and Thread Thursday, Whoop Whoop Friday.