Handkerchief

To be more sustainable and to waste less seem to be very in at the moment, and I truly believe this is what we all need to aim at. In an effort to go in this direction, I try to find new ways to waste less where possible. Sometimes it is so difficult to make the extra effort or ditch the convenience but with a little extra time and willingness, it is possible usually. One way I wanted to explore was "tissue". I remember as a child that all our hankies were made of fabric. We would use, wash, dry, iron, repeat! Now in our family, only my husband uses fabric hankie. Everyone else is guilty of using (and sometimes abusing of) paper tissue, disposable after just one (tiny) use. This, in our house, creates far too much waste for my liking. So I decided to try an experience of going back to fabric hankie. I found a little cotton remnant in my local shop, trialed the rolled hem foot on my machine, and voila! a lovely new, durable and reusable fabric hankie that I have had in my pocket as much as possible.


Encouraged by the experience of going back to old habits, I have found a beautiful selection of cotton fabric on Fabworks to make more, for our family and maybe to gift to others too, to encourage them to switch back. Now some of these fabric are so lush I see Ogden cami in them.... Let's see where this takes me in the next few months!

Of course, that's just one tiny little step but hopefully with plenty of tiny steps, we can make a giant leap to a more respectful way of life.

Linking to Monday Design Wall Wednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers Needle and Thread Thursday Whoop Whoop Friday

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway