Horse time

Late last month I picked up my abandoned passport pieced horse from a pattern by Tartan Kiwi, with the hope to finish it for my daughter's birthday. Well I'm glad to say that having a deadline once more helped to keep me focused. The horse is finished and gifted! Yeah 😊
I only had 3 sections left before I could assemble all. 
So the first job was indeed to finish those sections. After that I could move on to the construction of the horse following the very good explanations in the book to match the critical junctions. 

I used 2 FQ from my stash that I bought in the US 5 years ago for the backing. 
I kept the quilting very simple by shopping vertical lines with my walking foot all the way across.
As for the binding I used the same as the background fabric to blend it in. 


Quilt stats 
Top: paper piecing,  Kaffe Fassett fabric
Back: fabric from my stash bought in Pennsylvania in 2015
Quilted with Superior Thread
Started in 2019, finished 11 February 2020

Linking to Monday Design Wall Wednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers Needle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday


This is my One monthly goal  for February and this is one OPAM and one of my Q1 FAL list

Celine

Comments

  1. Love this! The horse is dramatic and beautiful. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad you finished it. It deserved finishing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!