Persephone purse

Back in April last year, I started to make a Persephone purse to gift to my friend for her birthday, similar to the one I made myself the previous fall. I picked the model with the frame this time instead of the 2 zipped pockets. I choose a lovely tweed fabric for the exterior. 
The faux-leather I picked was rather sticky (even with a Teflon foot) so it was very difficult to sew. I ended up having to make the flap 3 times before it was about acceptable.


Sadly I didn't finish the purse on time to gift it to her last April. I then thought I would finish it as a leaving present before we moved but that never happened either in the craziness of it all. Now, she is supposed to be visiting next month and it will be her birthday (again!) when she is over so I decided it was now or never! I found all the pieces that I had (thankfully) packed together last year, waiting for some quieter times. 

The first step was to add the flap and the hardware too. That didn't really take that long once I got over the fear of setting the rivets and making sure they would be aligned...


Next was to assemble all the faux-leather pieces to make the card slots inside the purse.


And then, with the purse sewn onto the card slot piece, the final step was to put it all together. Not the easiest part to sew all the layers together alongside the edge of the purse. 


Finally one finish, which also was my OPAM for March. I am so happy that this is now ready to be gifted.




Celine


Comments

  1. Wow, that's impressive. Very nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purse is gorgeous! Knowing all you went through to make it makes it even more special. She will love it! Thank you for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!