Disaster

 Just when I thought I'd finally have a sewing corner, I walked into the office/craft room on Friday morning to find it had about 1cm of water on the floor... we had heavy rains due to a thunderstorms and it seems that water accumulated under the floor of the room and eventually passed over the brand new laminate flooring that was laid about 3 months ago... 😭

Everything that was still piled on the floor was wet and I must admit there was quite a fair bit that had not going its space yet. So we quickly got all but the furniture out to no out all up and then proceed with our work day. I spent Saturday sorting out through everything to du what needed to be and evaluate the damages... 

A few of my sewing supplies were soaked for a while so some ended stained or with colours running sadly...


I had all the cut steps for the Gipsy Wife quilt on display Sunday to dry them out and my booklet got completely soaked too...

Of course that's meant no other sewing since... thankfully my machines were not affected. We're now trying to understand what happened to avoid it happening again...

Celine

Comments

  1. Oh my poor dear!! Disaster indeed. I hope you get it sorted quickly and back to sewing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!