Pillow card holders

I heard this week that my daughter's school were planning to sell small objects during the parents-teachers meetings to fund raise for the final years' school trips abroad. I was trying to think about what I could contribute that would be fast and easy to make but would still sell. They hadn't asked for any contributions but I figure I could help maybe. Looking through my patterns stash I remembered the Pillow Card Holder pattern from Sewing Seeds of Love which actually doesn't require any sewing at all.

I had this one on my to-do list for a while and then dropped it. All it required really is cutting with the Cricut and then inserting 2 snaps.


And that exactly what had stopped me so far... using my Cricut to cut the piece... so I finally got it out and of course it was much easier than anything I feared. 


The pattern comes with the svg file so it just needs uploading onto the DS software and it is ready to go! I used faux leather from my massive stash for them, selecting some faux leather with a nice back. I used my strong grip mat, selected medium leather and strong cut and it worked like a charm really.

Once cut out, it is just folded into shape and secured with snaps. Easy, peasy and very fast! I ended up making 19 of them last night with some help from my daughter and my husband I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of them all lined up before we took them to school this morning... I only have a picture of part of my pile of scraps...

About half were sold this morning, which is a great outcome :-) They still have 3 Saturday mornings to try ans sell more so I might make more if I manage to take some time out. Or maybe we'll try other pieces. In any case it felt really nice to create something and to be able to contribute!

Linking to Design Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and ThreadPut your foot downBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPeacock PartyPatchwork and Quilt.


Céline

Comments

  1. Such a complement that half are sold already! Feels good to contribute to such a great cause I bet. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/15/wednesday-wait-loss-354

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5