Dreaming 2024

 2023 is not quite over but we're nearly there... it has been a mixed bag in terms of sewing and crafting for sure with some productive times and some completely empty ones sadly. Life for our family has continued to be quite difficult overall so that's had an effect on my motivation, time and energy to craft for sure. 

Never mind, time to dream for 2024, full of hopes for a better year for the world and for us too. I think it should be a rather busy year with some planned major changes (again) but despite that let's join in the fun with Yvonne's Planning Party and set a few goals for the new year.


Before planning for next year, let's see how I fare on last year's plans. 

I had planned/ hoped to finish 3 quilts, I finished 2 but didn't touch the third one. 

I had selected 4 WIPs to progress and worked on 3.

In the dressmaking department, my UFOs are still UFOs but I managed to make 2 blouses and PJs for the girls. 


Bags and accessories, I didn't make the handbags I had planned but used a little of my faux leather stash with my Cricut (double bonus!) to make some pouches.

And finally for the cross stitch projects, I just finished the center of the Nutcracker parade and nearly 3 months of the Grimm's tales but not quite...
Now for 2024, I'm hoping to finally finish a few quilting UFOs: particularly the Harry Potter Quilt, the Farmer's Wife quilt and one of the 2 Jen Kingwell's patterns I have started a while ago (Gipsy Wife or Boho Heart)
As for dressmaking, I'd love to try to make more underwear for the girls or myself, another blouse; a new dress (not sure which pattern yet) and a Andes Jacket. I would also like to finally finish my Morgan Jeans and my Forester coat (if possible before winter is over...)

It would be a bonus to progress these quilting WIPs: my Dear Jane quilt, the Mischief quilt and maybe the 365 quilt challenge
I need a new bag and the Moonwake has been on my list for ever (the pattern is even printed and cut out) but I'd love to try the Vadon too. Both patterns are in my stash and are from Lavender & Twine. Plus I hope to fit some smaller projects/accessories to use some of my faux leather stash.

And finally, I'd like to finish the Nutcracker Parade cross-stitch and complete half of the Grimm's Tales.


Céline


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5