Tote bag

Nothing better than a tight deadline to focus my attention! I bought a panel to make a birthday present for my friend a few months ago and of course it had sat there since. Well her birthday was on Sunday and she invited us for a meal so I knew I had to finish my gift by then. I was originally planning to make a pouch but the panel was rather large at 17''+ so I decided a tote bag would be more appropriate.

First step was to pick a complementary faux leather for the back of the bag as well as a lining.

The printed panel was quite thin so I decided to use faux leather for the front and back and to simply attach the panel to the faux leather.

I added a small pocket to the lining, as well as an elastic to keep a water bottle straight in the bag and of course, a cute little label.

Once the panels were assembled I cut out a 2'' square off each corner to box off the bag.

And I found this lovely black glittery webbing at my local market on Saturday morning for the straps.

All cut out from my stash (apart for the webbing) on Friday night, assembly finished on Saturday evening and my bag was gifted on Sunday as planned!

This was also my One monthly goal for March one from my Fettle those finishes list.

Linking to Design Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread ThursdayPut your foot downBrag about your BeautiesOff the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPatchwork and Quilt

Céline

Comments

  1. Oh my what a lovely tote! I adore that panel. You finished this so beautifully. The extra touches like the water bottle pocket make this so special. Your friend is going to love her gift. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/20/wednesday-wait-loss-372

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bag. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!