Monday, 20 February 2012

Birthday cakes

We went home for a couple of days last week so that Baby Girl could meet the family for the first time and her older brother and sister could have a joint family birthday party. We had a great time and were busy doing not much really! We even had their 2 great-grand mothers (my 2 grand-mothers both in their 80s) attending the family gathering, which was so nice.
And of course, it did involved some baking again! I made a pirate ship for Mr Cars
 and another Hello Kitty for Miss Strawberry Shortcake
I had planned lots of sewing and patchwork to do for the time away but didn't even open my bag while at my Mum's! I only managed a little stitching in the car on the way there and back. Just enough to finish off the October Birdie Stitches block (well I thought it was finished until I took a picture and realised I forgot to stitch one spider...) (I now have 2 more to go for this BOM as I badly fell behind towards the end of the year)

and to make some progress on one Life is Beautiful block but not yet finished!
Celine

2 comments:

  1. The hello Kitty cake looks very good .. again .. but that pirate ship is absolutely great .. I like the sails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. having time with famil beats EVEN sewing in the list of whats important xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Share It