Farmer's Wife - second thoughts

I haven't made any Farmer's Wife blocks for a long time because I am having second thoughts about my blocks. After having made a few blocks, I really feel that I should use a plain background so the block designs would be easier to "read". I like the scrappy look but I still feel it would be nicer if I used a plain fabric in each of my blocks.

So I went back to the book to find how much background fabric I was needed but couldn't find any yardage anywhere, most probably because the quilt has not been made with just one background fabric. I had already bought my sashing and cornerstone fabric last summer. The sashing fabric is brown. So I decided I would order 4 different fabrics for the background, all Moda Bella solid: chocolate, hay, fig tree and parchment.

Now I need to start over my blocks since I will be doing them differently.
Celine

Comments

  1. Celine-Your blocks look lovely,but unfortunately we do change our minds. Those solids are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celine, your blocks are lovely, just different. There is nothing wrong with putting a twist on something to give it a new life but if it is not speaking to you then maybe it is good to redo them. I have done mine using reproduction prints which predate the original quilt but I like the depth of the colours and love more traditional style colurs and quilts. I do love brights but tend to gravitate towards the heavier hues. I love the solids you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, what a lot of work to re do. But the solds will make ut really different. Can you use the originals with sashing for omething?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway