Yesterday evening, I finished this lovely cushion that I had started I think in January 2010. One UFO off my list and my one and only OPAM for March.
I have been meaning to do it all month and only picked it up this afternoon. Nothing better than a deadline to get things done!
When I did put away this cushion before it became a UFO, I had done the middle and the first round of logs (red ones) and I had all the fabric cut out. When I picked it up the pieces again today, I couldn't remember how to sew the logs on with the "stitch and fliip" method I had used about 2 years ago but on the fourth try I finally got it right!
I love the fabrics I have used for the cushion but I can't say I really like the method to make it, although I like how the cushion has turned out once finish. The pre-quilted pieces are sewn together in a way that leaves no raw edge on the top or back so it is neat and finished once it's pieced. The cushio looks lovely now that it is finished on the sofa in the living room, so much better than in pieces in a plastic bag under my sewing table!