Zig-zag cushion

The BQL group August challenge (in 2009) was to play with half square triangles. I digged into my red and black stash and came up with this zig-zag panel that had been left aside since it was pieced then.

I unearthed it with other half-finished projects earlier in the month with the aim to quilt it and finish it in a cushion. When looking at the panel, I couldn't think how to quilt it to make it a bit more interesting. So I flicked through a very useful and resourceful book : Quilting Makes the Quilt by Lee Cleland for inspiration and I was very glad to find an idea.

I never really think about using decorative stitches in my quilting but it can indeed be very effective. I love this "zip" stitch and how it somehow finish my cushion.

One more OPAM for this month!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5