Wonky Log Cabins

Amy is hosting this month for the Bee Europa 2012/2013. She has sent us an assortment of strips of fabrics to make her some Wonky Log Cabins. I am not very good with wonky blocks I must admit but the tutorial was easy to follow and I tried to "let it go".
I have made these 2 blocks
They need an additional strips to be the size she wanted because I messed up... When I was making one of the blocks I added the first round of logs clockwise and the second counter-clockwise. Now the blocks is wonky but the logs still need to go in the same direction I guess. Anyway I unpick and finished the blocks with the fabric I had left.
Now these will be on their way back to Amy next week when I finally manage to get to the post office.
And tonight I have ordered my fabric for the Super Mario quilt-along that should start probably next week. I have ordered Nature's Mood solids by Perfect Occasions fabric as these are available in the UK and were slightly cheaper than the Kona solids. I tried to match the colours online so I hope I won't be disappointed with my choices when I receive the parcel...
Celine

Comments

  1. They are fabulous - you didn't mess up at all!! I can't wait to have them - they will be brilliant in my quilt! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse