Sunday, 29 June 2014

My newFO for June and some lovelies in the post

June is nearly nearly finished and until yesterday I hadn't touched my NewFO challenge. I got all the fabric I needed out of my sewing room last night and spent some time cutting. I had chosen to start another triangle after my Mum hinted not so softly that she really really liked the one I made to my friend in April and that she would really really like the same one. I had lots of leftover of fabric anyway so I got back to the cutting board with the leftovers and a few extras from my stash to cut a grand total of 285 triangles. I cut my first row wrongly (well not according to Paula's instructions) so my finished triangles will be slightly smaller than last time that's why I cut more. I have selected a total of 19 fabrics and I have between 5 and 30 triangles of each fabric and I am planning a 19 x 15 triangles quilt this time.


I initially thought I'd finish the quilt (or try to) before mid August but that's unrealistic with all the other projects I need to finish so I will target December and make it a Christmas present for my Mum. I am hoping I'll keep to that timing.

I also finished my hexies for this month Hexie Inchy Swap during my travelling over the week-end ready to go to Leslie

and I received some lovely stepping stones from Heidi.

And also 3 gorgeous extra New York Beauty blocks from Robin for the Stash Bee, she didn't go for the easiest patterns.

Talking of which I am still working on my May block and haven't yet started the June one, oops... Trying to decide on which arrnagement, although I think I am going to go for the coral centre.


Linking to NewFO challenge, Building Blocks Tuesday.
Celine

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to the aqua center myself. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Celine,
    I love it that you are doing another triangle quilt. I only just finished mine and posted it on the Flickr pool.You seem to be involved in lots of swaps/bees. The New York Beauty blocks are stunning. I much prefer the aqua spotted centre myself- it seems to pop more. Visiting via Building Blocks Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget