Christmas Stollen

I have been busy baking recently, as well as trying to steal a little sewing time now and then but the blog has been very quiet. I made a Christmas stollen last week which came out very nice. A few people asked me for the recipe on Instagram so I thought it would be easier to share it here!



Christmas Stollen

Ingredients:
75 g sultanas
75 g mixed cut peeel
75 g glace cherries
60 mL dark rum
400 g unbleached white bread flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
50 g sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon yeast
1 egg
140 mL lukewarm milk
50 g melted butter
50 g pinenuts
225 g marzipan

1. Soak the sultanas, mixed peel and cherries in the rum for a few hours.

2. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, egg, melted butter and milk to a soft dough. Leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in size.

3. Knock back and knead into the dough the soaked fruits and pinenuts.

4. Roll into a rectangle. Roll the marzipan into a suasage shape and place it in the middle of the rectangle. Fold the dough over (the 2 sides should overlap). Press to seal.

5. Leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.

6. Pre-heat the over to 190oC and bake for 30 minutes. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with icing sugar!

Enjoy,

We have also been very busy making lots of Christmas cookies for the teachers for Christmas as well as cute little boxes.



Celine

Comments

  1. Celine your stollen looks delicious! I love stollen. Thank you for the recipe! Merry Christmas to you and your family! xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "Weihnachtsstollen", very pretty and tasty for sure.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse