Thursday, 4 December 2014

Paper piecing

I have done a lot of paper piecing with the 318 Patchwork Patterns sew along. I have made more heart blocks still at 3' for my Christmas ornaments

but I have made my mini for the IG mini swap using paper piecing. I choose the Celestial Star pattern from Diane which is all paper pieced. And after a bad start  (I pieced one wedge and didn't like the look of it),

I changed my colour scheme to make it lighter (less colours) and I really liked how it looks.


12 wedges were needed for one block which I made at 18' square for a mini. 


So 121 pieces later I had a mini, well a 18' square ready for quilting.

I took inspiration from the lovely Liberty cushion I received from Alexandra for the quilting

and used a blue binding to lift up the design


Now I really like this mini and this design, but I sent it to my partner anyway with a few British goodies.

This was one of my OPAM for November. And another one of my Finish Along list.
Linking to Needle and Thread Thursday and Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget