Paper piecing

I have done a lot of paper piecing with the 318 Patchwork Patterns sew along. I have made more heart blocks still at 3' for my Christmas ornaments

but I have made my mini for the IG mini swap using paper piecing. I choose the Celestial Star pattern from Diane which is all paper pieced. And after a bad start  (I pieced one wedge and didn't like the look of it),

I changed my colour scheme to make it lighter (less colours) and I really liked how it looks.


12 wedges were needed for one block which I made at 18' square for a mini. 


So 121 pieces later I had a mini, well a 18' square ready for quilting.

I took inspiration from the lovely Liberty cushion I received from Alexandra for the quilting

and used a blue binding to lift up the design


Now I really like this mini and this design, but I sent it to my partner anyway with a few British goodies.

This was one of my OPAM for November. And another one of my Finish Along list.
Linking to Needle and Thread Thursday and Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5