And now a quilted top

After making blocks after blocks, I have taken a break from my normal routine to play with some quilting for a while. Hubby installed my frame as the tops are pilling up for the next step of quilting!
I started with my son's massive top that I finished piecing in April.
I choose a "box / integrated circuits" pattern to quilt this top and used Superior Thread King Tut 937 which is a light variegated thread for the quilting.



For some reasons, I had a couple of "messy spots" on the back and broke 2 needles but all in all the quilting was completed over 2 evenings and finished on Saturday morning.
Now the top is squared up and I only need to add the binding and a love message on the label! It will be nice to have this long standing UFO off my list!
Linking to Let's Bee Social and Whoop Whoop Friday
Celine


Comments

  1. Hi Celine - popping over from Let's Bee Social. What a gorgeous quilt. Love how it looks like stained glass before quilting. I am sure your son is going to be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece - love the colors. I have to sometimes force myself to quilt before I allow myself to piece. I don't hate quilting, but I admit it's not as fun for me as the designing and piecing part...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!